Automotive Repair and Maintenance Facilities
Automobile repair and maintenance facilities pose an extremely significant threat to our drinking water. Because of this we offer the below resources dedicated entirely to assisting such facilities with protecting our water resources.
- A good place to begin is by reviewing our Fact Sheet located here.
- You can also obtain our Spill Prevention brochure here.
Some other terrific sources of information include—
- EPA’s Green Link program provides compliance assistance and information to the automotive service industry. Contact this program.
- EPA Region 3 Hotline/Help Desk: (800) 438-2474 (from within Region 3)….(215) 814-5000 from outside Region 3
- EPA’s “Guide to Pollution Prevention: Automotive Repair Industry; EPA publication number EPA/625/7- 91/013, October 1991. Provides waste minimization options for the automotive repair industry.
Remember, avoiding a water contamination event is a lot less costly than cleaning up after one!