Landscapers and Property Managers
Properly managing the areas around homes and rental units can have a significant impact on our water resources. To assist you in this effort, this site serves as a one-stop compilation of information garnered from a variety of sources.
If you have questions please do not hesitate to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 304.292.8443.
A good place to begin is the EPA’s information on Low Impact Development. You can learn more here.
Yard Care Techniques
--Check out the EPA’s Greenscaping brochure here.
--Here is an excellent brochure on caring for lawns in environmentally friendly ways.
--Here are links to two YouTube videos on environmentally friendly ways to care for lawns—
Stormwater Runoff Reduction Techniques
- Here is brochure containing a list of excellent ideas from the EPA.
- It may also prove beneficial familiarize yourself with nonpoint source pollution. To learn more simply click here.
Use and Storage of Pesticides and Fertilizers
The EPA offers a guide that is useful to landscapers and pest control professionals.. You can download this brochure here.
Stormwater Pond Maintenance
The EPA offers considerable guidance on stormwater ponds in this brochure.
Here is an excellent brochure we offer on managing waste from carpet cleaning.
Our brochure on spill prevention is available here.
Auto Repair and Maintenance
- See our brochure on Auto Repair/Maintenance Tips for Drinking Water Protection here.
- You should also check out our site dedicated to the automotive industry here and the EPA's Green Link program here.
- Here is an excellent table on proper use, storage and cleanup of hazardous automotive waste.
If you see a threat or potential threat to our water resources call 304-296-4322. And please don't forget to take our stormwater survey here.
Remember, avoiding a water contamination event is a lot less costly than cleaning up after one!