MUB's Monthly Payment Options
Morgantown Utility Board now offers several monthly payment options for those on limited incomes. These options are meant to alleviate the financial impacts of our recent water and sewer rate adjustments. Information on these adjustments, and the infrastructure investments they support, are available here.
MUB bills most customer accounts on a bi-monthly basis, producing six bills per year, on two month intervals. The monthly payment options described below may help customers on fixed or low monthly cash flows, by spreading their payments more evenly on a monthly basis.
1. Monthly Billing Option
As a new service, we will allow customers to opt-in for monthly billing from MUB. Under this program, MUB will issue a bill on a monthly basis, but because meters will still be read bi-monthly, estimated readings will be used every other month. Any usage above / below the amount estimated will impact the amount billed on the next month’s bill. This monthly billing option is available only to customers who utilize paperless billing and AutoPay.
Registering for the monthly billing option requires three steps:
- Sign-up for paperless billing by clicking here to access our online customer portal, signing-in or registering, then clicking on “My Profile” on the top left menu and going to Paperless Options. Simply follow the directions. Stay logged into the system for Step 2.
- Sign-up for AutoPay by again clicking on “My Profile” on the top left menu (if you closed your window from Step 1 or logged out of the customer portal, click here) and going to AutoPay. Simply follow the directions.
- Once the above two items are completed, go here to complete the registration process and submit your application. When MUB receives the form, a customer service representative will contact you to finalize the process.
2. Voluntary Pre-Payment Option
Customers who do not participate in paperless billing can accomplish the same benefits of monthly payments by making voluntary pre-payments on their account. Pre-payments will be applied to the account upon receipt, thus reducing the amount due when the next bill is issued. In order to qualify as a pre-payment, the customer’s previous bill must have been paid in full; otherwise any payment received will be applied first to the outstanding balance. Pre-payments may be made at any time by any of the following convenient options:
- Phone – during regular business hours at 304-292-8443 - credit card payments only
- In Person – during regular business hours at 278 Greenbag Rd Office – cash, credit cards, or checks
- In Person – beyond regular business hours at 278 Greenbag Rd Drop Box– checks only
- Mail – any time at PO Box 852 Morgantown WV 26507-0852 – checks only
Please be sure to include your account number to ensure proper recording of the payment.
If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact a MUB customer service representative at 304-292-8443.