Morgantown Utility Board Events
Here is a list of events that Morgantown Utility Board plans to participate in - or has participated in. If your organization would like to learn about, and be involved in, protecting our water resources, please email Chris Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304.292.8443.
Here is a list of our 2017 events. This list will change as we continue to add to our outreach program.
- March 4: Rain Barrel Workshop - This is our first rain barrel workshop. In collaboration with Friends of Deckers Creek, we'll talk stormwater, how rain barrels fit into protecting our stormwater and then we'll discuss how to assemble our rain barrels which participants take home with them!
- March 16: Rain Barrel Workshop #2
- March 22: Pierpont Preschool - We'll be at Pierpont Preschool doing morning and afternoon hands-on demonstrations on how our actions impact our water resources.
- April 23: Stormwater Stenciling - This has become an annual event with local Boy Scout Troop 52! Together, we'll talk stormwater, mark storm drains to remind local citizens that what goes down the drain impacts our local water resources.
- May 18: Rain Barrel Workshop #3
- May 20: Rain Barrel Workshop #4.
- July 15: Kids' Day - Join us downtown Morgantown as thousands of local children take to the streets for games, treats and prizes. We'll be there with plenty of handouts and we'll be joining forces with Friends of Deckers Creek to give away a rain barrel!
- August 5: Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day - This is a great opportunity for county residents to drop-off hazardous waste at no cost. Additional information is available at mub.org/hhwc.
- August 20: Dog Splash Day - A great day at Marrila Pool!
- October: Malloween