Morgantown Utility Board Events
Here is a list of events that Morgantown Utility Board plans to participate in - or has participated in. If your organization would like to learn about, and be involved in, protecting our water resources, please email Chris Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304.292.8443.
Here is a list of our 2016 events. This list will change as we continue to add to our outreach program.
- March 19: Rain Barrel Workshop - This is our first rain barrel workshop. In collaboration with Friends of Deckers Creek, we'll talk stormwater, how rain barrels fit into protecting our stormwater and then we'll assemble our rain barrels which participants take home with them!
- March 21: Pierpont Preschool - We'll be at Pierpont Preschool doing morning and afternoon hands-on demonstrations on how our actions impact our water resources.
- April 1: Hartman Run cleanup - This event is a collaborative event with Friends of Deckers Creek. We will be cleaning up the illegal dumping that has plagued this stream and passing out info to local residents on how to report illegal dumping.
- April 13: 8th Grade Career Day - We'll be discussing MUB's stormwater program with 8th Graders from every middle school in Mon County. We'll show them a rain barrel and discuss how it works and provide them an opportunity to get a free water bottle!
- April 23: Stormwater Stenciling - This has become an annual event with local Boy Scout Troop 52! Together, we'll talk stormwater, mark storm drains to remind local citizens that what goes down the drain impacts our local water resources.
- May 21: Our 2nd rain barrel workshop in partnership with Friends of Deckers Creek.
- July 16: Kids' Day - Join us downtown Morgantown as thousands of local children take to the streets for games, treats and prizes. We'll be there with plenty of handouts and we'll be joining forces with Friends of Deckers Creek to give away a rain barrel!
- August (Exact date not yet confirmed): Dog Splash Day -
- August 6: Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day - This is a great opportunity for county residents to drop-off hazardous waste at no cost. Additional information is available at mub.org/hhwc.
- UNSCHEDULED: Future rain barrel workshops -