Fire Hydrant Obstructions
We all know that fire hydrants are essential to protecting lives and property. We also know that they are not exactly the most aesthetically pleasing parts of any neighborhood.
Statement on Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade Contract
The below comments are provided in relation to the contract awarded for the Star City wastewater treatment plant upgrade.
Work schedule Sept 11 to Sept 15
- The Landing at Falling Waters
- Sabraton Ave
- Gladstone Drive Cheat Lake
- 7 River Trial
- Van Voorhis Road
- Repairing the slot drain in the street at N High and Willey
N. High Street is closed from Willey to Prospect
N. High Street is closed from Willey to Prospect until approximately 1 pm to repair a storm grate.
MUB September board meeting cancelled
The board of directors meeting scheduled for Tuesday, September 12 has been cancelled. The next board meeting will be held in October, with an exact date to be announced in the near future.
Right lane of High Street closed
The right lane of High Street is closed near Wall Street (in front of the WCLG building) while crews repair a water leak. The leak also requires that the sidewalk be closed.
Stewart Street is a single lane from Van Gilder Street to Meadowbrook Road
Stewart Street is a single lane from Van Gilder Street to Meadowbrook Road until approximately 4:30 p.m. for work on a storm line.
MUB water treatment process "among the elite"
A recent article by the Associated Press identified our water treatment plant as 'elite' in the industry. This is not only a terrific compliment to our staff and community overall but an example of why Morgantown is consistently mentioned as one of the best places to live and work.
Three significant traffic notices...
- The left lane of High Street is closed from Fayette Street to Willey Street for fire service
- Dorsey Avenue is a single lane from Hudson Street to Hite Street for road repair
- Tyrone Road is a single lane from is a single lane from Route 7 to Brookhaven Road for water line work
Three traffic notices impacting University Avenue, Tyrone Road and High Street
- The left lane of High Street is closed from Willey Street to Fayette Street until approximately 4:30 p.m. for hydrant work
- University Avenue is a single lane from 3rd Street to Overhill Street until approximately 4:30 p.m. for road repair