Numerous water quality samples are analyzed in the normal course of operations. For those, please refer to our Consumer Confidence Report.
In addition, an extensive monitoring program has been initiated in order to identify any impacts possibly resulting from the gas well operations at MIP. Data from that focused monitoring is available in Excel spreadsheet via download here (download will start automatically). Please note that a free Excel Viewer can be found here.
For that data, please note that--
- ND indicates NONDETECTABLE, meaning that a sample was taken, and the results were so small that they fall below the detection limit of the analytical procedure.
- Data is not immediately available following sampling. Results are normally received about 30 days later.
Locations tested are listed below.
- Mon River at Uffington Marina
- Mon River along its west bank at MIP
- Mon River along its east bank at Water Treatment Plant Intake – this site was added to better discern any differences in characteristics across the width of the river.
- Sed Trap #1 - at the well site, downstream of the well pad
- Sed Trap #2 - at the well site, downstream of the well pad
- Access Road Sed Trap - at the entrance of the access road to the well site – this site was terminated after July 6 as it was determined that the Sed Trap #1 and #2 locations were adequately represented.