July 10th, 2020
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day - August 1
After careful review of coronavirus safety precautions, MUB will host the annual Monongalia County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day. This year’s event is scheduled for Saturday, August 1 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at Morgantown Utility Board’s 278 Greenbag Road office location.
HHWC Day is free to all Monongalia County residents. We ask that all participants bring proof of residency (driver's license or utility bill with a form of ID). Absolutely no businesses permitted.
Some of the items accepted include oil based paints, pesticides, fertilizers, household cleaners, fluorescent bulbs, batteries, automotive oils and antifreezes. For a full list of what we accept, please visit https://mub.org/hhwc.
Please be sure to review the COVID-19 safety precautions posted on https://mub.org/hhwc and included below. Our goal during this event is to keep everyone safe.
---- Safety Precautions for HHWC Day Participants----
Given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, please obey these special rules when participating in this year’s event. These rules are important for our safety and yours. If any of these instructions are unclear please call before the day of the event for clarification.
- Do not exit the vehicle at any time. There can be no exceptions.
- A facemask must be worn while driving through the HHWC area.
- Household hazardous waste must be stored in the trunk of sedans or in the hatchback area. Nothing will be permitted to be taken out of any of the passenger doors of the vehicles.
- For SUVs and minivans, household hazardous waste should be stored in the area of the rear hatch. If seats are reclined, material must not reach the backdoor.
- Please do not store items that you intend to drop-off for HHWC in any container that you are not willing to dispose of. We will not be able to return containers to vehicles.
- Please proceed through the area slowly and cautiously, paying attention to all directions provided by HHWC staff.