Round 4 for the unregulated contaminates monitoring commenced and concluded in 2019. This information can be found at https://mub.org/ccr-ucmr.
Our Water Source
In 2019, MUB produced 3.67 billion gallons of drinking water, an average of 10.067 million gallons per day. The main source of drinking water for the Morgantown area is surface water from the Monongahela River, which supplied 82.4 percent of the area’s drinking water. The remaining 17.6 percent of our raw water supply was taken from the Cobun Creek reservoir.
To ensure a safe and acceptable product to our customers, MUB constantly monitors our two sources of raw water. The average results of these analyses are shown in the chart to the right. Results for special monitoring related to nearby gas wells are available at on MUB’s website by visiting https://mub.org - then Services - then under Water Resource Protection or by visiting https://mub.org/mip.
MUB works through various water industry associations and watershed groups to promote best management practices, to support important programs and improvements to protect the water environment, and to contribute to improved policy making and regulation affecting our water quality.
Source Water Assessment
During 2019 MUB continued its efforts to protect our source water. During that time progress was made to continue upstream water monitoring, develop plans for the installation of a continuous upstream monitoring station, and development of a more accurate water model to predict flow rates and time of travel in the Monongahela River. During 2019 the source water protection plan was updated and submitted to the WV Department of Health and Human Resources (WVDHHR). A public version is available at https://mub.org/swpp.
MUB Board of Directors and General Manager
Information on MUB’s board of directors and leadership team is available by visiting https://mub.org/about/leadership.